« Home | Anger: Life » | Pride: ALCOHOL » | Envy: Little know fact RE: Rep. Woolsey » | Pride: State of the Union » | Sloth: Classic Battlestar » | Pride: Blogger Hack Primer » | Anger: NOW PEOPLE » | Greed: Vote! » | Envy: More Cindy Fun » | Anger: Iran » 

Thursday, February 02, 2006 

Anger: CEL Update and Bleg

My 2004 Ford Taurus FFV has recurring Check Engine Light (CEL) problems.

To get caught up, see here, here and here.

Despite the word “Flexible” in “Flexible Fuel Vehicle” and the direct wording to the contrary in the owner’s manual, the theory from Ford was always that I needed to choose between E85 and E10 and not mix or switch. With a great deal of “nothing I can do about it” I resigned myself to selecting only one fuel. I feel so strongly about Ethanol that I decided the hassles of searching for an E85 pump outweighed the convenience of using E10.

I have been very good about sticking to the E85 diet; in fact I have not used E10 at all since September 2005. The CEL stayed off and I was finally coming around to thinking that Ford might have been right and that I was duped into buying an “Inflexible Fuel Vehicle”.

Then the CEL came back on. It took me quite a while to get the energy to take it in and enter into another round with the Ford Motor Company. I found the time and energy yesterday to take it in. They kept it overnight to run tests, after I vented my spleen, they got the message that I was not going to take “too bad, so sad” for an answer.

I just got the call from the dealer that they have actually found something. It seems that the catalytic converter is defective and is causing the “lean fuel” codes in the onboard computer. Since I live in the middle of BUM-F*CK-NOWHERE, there isn’t a replacement part available today. They hope to have it tomorrow.

I am not a motor-head, so I have a bleg.

To anyone out there that knows about these sorts of things: Do you have an opinion on the catalytic converter theory? Also, how much does one of these babys cost? I would like to have an idea of just how much cash the Ford Motor Company is willing to shell out in order to push this problem down the road another few months.

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100