« Home | Pride: ALCOHOL » | Envy: Little know fact RE: Rep. Woolsey » | Pride: State of the Union » | Sloth: Classic Battlestar » | Pride: Blogger Hack Primer » | Anger: NOW PEOPLE » | Greed: Vote! » | Envy: More Cindy Fun » | Anger: Iran » | Pride: Inline Trackbacks » 

Thursday, February 02, 2006 

Anger: Life

Regular readers know that I am very much Pro-Life and that I arrived at that position from a secular viewpoint, not because a preacher told to that I would got to hell if I came to a different point of view. In fact, I cringe when I see the Pro-Life extremists using religious arguments and disgusting photos because I think that this sets back the cause much more than it advances it. It is true that you can’t move someone off a position using reason when they did not reach that position through reason.

I understand many of the arguments of the Pro-Choice lobby; I just reject them as being weaker than the Pro-Life arguments.

The banner in this photo (stolen from Zombie) uses one argument that just makes my blood boil.



Is there really an aborted baby that isn't desperately wanted by someone? Maybe it is unwanted by the birth-mother, but is it truly unwanted?

I am an adoptive father and I am here to tell you that there are parents without children that want a baby so bad that it HURTS. These parents are willing to endure the humiliating process of marketing themselves to birth-mothers and spend tens of thousands of dollars just to get in a catalog of prospective parents with no guarantee of anything. These people hope and pray for someone to make the decision to bring a baby to term instead of killing it.

Every time an abortion is performed, 1 heart is stopped and 2 are broken.

(HT: Dean)

Update: Open Trackback Party is HERE.

Linked to: Stuck on Stupid, Stop the ACLU and Right Wing Nation.

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100