« Home | Pride: A new day for Biodiesel » | Pride: New Blogroll Entry » | Pride: WTF! » | Gluttony: Big Sammich » | Envy: Dave's B-Day » | Pride: Separated at Birth? » | Anger: Noise » | Anger: E85 Report » | Sloth: Packers Fans » | Greed: 401k » 

Thursday, September 29, 2005 

Pride: We MUST fight on

I was just wondering if we have forgotten what we are fighting in Iraq and in the world at large. I rarely see the dire warnings of what radical Islam is and why it must be fought. I can’t even remember the last time I heard someone educate the masses on what Islam really is and how the “civil rights” groups that apologize for Islam are disingenuous at best, a willing tool of our enemies at worst. I dimly remember some bloggers writing about the GWOT as a struggle for the very existence of Western Civilization. When was the last time you saw something like that?

Are we really that stupid? A few years with no terrorism in the US and we just go back to our pre-911 lives? Why hasn’t the President kept this on the front burner? I know that the hurricanes have taken the spotlight away for the GWOT, which is right and proper, but I think we have lost our way long before the storms. We are now more interested in Pork, taxes, the price of gas and Cindy Sheehan’s panties.

I fully admit that I have fallen into this trap, I am just as guilty as anyone of the sin of Pride that allows us to think that we have won and the enemy is vanquished. Last weekend's rally in DC proves the point, there are people that really think we should give up the fight.

Just Another MN Girl provides a needed service with this reminder. It starts with a Burger King packaging graphic that might look like “Allah” written in Arabic and goes on to a very good litany of reasons we need to fight for our civilization.

Go read the whole thing, there is no point in giving a snippet here.

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100