« Home | Sloth: Today's Non Sequitur » | Anger: I efin' HATE PEOPLE » | Sloth: Nerd Quiz » | Sloth: NFL Divisional Round » | Pride: Game Industry Sales » | Sloth: Playoff Picks » | Gluttony: Conversation with my Curry » | Admin: $&*#(&_@! » | Sloth: Welcome Coach McCarthy » | Pride: One job option down the tubes » 

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 

Anger: Nagin: Open Mouth/Insert Foot

I am sure most of my astute readers have already seen some variation of this story (this one I found from Slublog) about the massive moron Mayor Ray "Dallas" Nagin. The commentary has been mostly about this comment:

Mayor Ray Nagin suggested Monday that Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and other storms were a sign that "God is mad at America" and at black communities, too, for tearing themselves apart with violence and political infighting.
The usual commentary about how when Pat Robertson says something this stupid the MSM plays it up (WAY UP) and when someone "friendly" to the MSM point of view says it, the MSM is silent. My favorite bloggers either do not mention, or mention in passing the following:
"It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans _ the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans," the mayor said. "This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans."
I find this quote much more offensive than the "God hates us" quote because it is one of the most racist spewings that I have hear in a long time. Let's play the ol' swap-a-roo game on that quote:
"It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans _ the one that should be a creamy New Orleans," the mayor said. "This city will be a majority Caucasian American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans."
See my point?

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100