« Home | Pride: Joel Stein » | Sloth: BlogFather Bleg » | Pride: Iran circa 1953 » | Sloth: Todays morning coffee » | Sloth: OOO ya got me! » | Gluttony: Lunch » | Pride: Extremists » | Sloth: NFL Championship Weekend Results » | Pride: More 7 Sins Fun » | Sloth: NFL Championship Weekend » 

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 

Anger: Hillbilly update

This is an update to this post. This may be the start of an ongoing series suggested by MN Girl (Whos site still crashes FireFox, even after a template change).

We had a visit from the local Fire Marshall today. I was unaware that the Fire Marshall had anything to do with trash, but I guess here he does. He was very interested in the growing mound of trash outside my front door. When my wife told him that it was not ours and showed him receipts from the trash pickup service he was convinced that we were not the desperados he was looking for. He then tried to go upstairs to visit our inbred neighbors. This is when things got interesting. The Hillbillies would not open the door for him and shouted all kinds of filthy insults at him. To his credit, he took it all in stride while writing a citation that he pinned to their door. He then loaded the trash into his truck and drove off.

Being the “nosey-nate” that I am, I took the opportunity of coming home after work to have a look at the citation. $150 for fire code violations and trash removal. It would have been much cheaper to have just paid the trash service, but these people have not quite figured out that there “ain’t no free lunch”.

Later this evening, the landlord called to ask if the Fire Marshall showed up, so I guess he called him. The Hillbillies are up there right now swearin’ and-a stompin’ and have already toss a half-full trash bag out one of the windows, close to the now-removed pile-o-trash. Pretty good shot, I must say, they managed not to hit any of their 3 cars parked nearby.

Something tells me we have not seen the last of the Fire Marshall.

Am I evil if I look forward to it? Nahh... I didn't think so...

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100