« Home | Envy: uhh...dude » | Anger: Nuke Mecca? » | Sloth: Good Choice, Javon! » | Anger: Minnesota Tax Maddness » | Pride: Links » | Anger: Clinton’s Folly » | Anger: Iron Chef America » | Sloth: Blogroll update » | Sloth: Battlestar » | Greed: Drew Rosenhaus » 

Friday, July 29, 2005 

Pride: E85 Update

I have been running exclusively E85 in my car for a while now, so I thought I would post an update.

So far I have not seen the drop in mileage that is reported elsewhere. I don’t have hard evidence for this, just that my driving habits have not changed and I am heading to the pump at the same frequency as when I was using gas. Prices have rising sharply (as with gas) from $1.59/gal on my first tank to $1.99/gal this morning. Regular (87 octane) is $2.24/gal.

I am not a car expert or a motorhead, far from it, but my uninformed perception is that my Taurus seems to like E85. It is noticeably better starting from a stop and smoother in the application of power. Not more power, just smoother. For example when punching it hard to pass a truck, it seems to jump quicker and get to the desired speed faster. The only real surprise is that it has a real hard time getting the engine started in the morning. With gas it starts right up, with E85 I have to pump the accelerator while starting.

I am taking a long driving trip this weekend (~1000 miles round trip) and I am trying to find E85 stations along the route. Here is a route generator that maps E85 stations along the way. The availability is very spotty and I think I will be forced back to gas for at least some of the trip. I will start out with a full tank of E85 from my local station and there is an E85 stop about a tank away, after that nothing. I guess I get to test the “Flexible” in “Flexible Fuel Vehicle”.

More later

Technorati Tags:

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100