« Home | Sloth: Today's Health Tip » | Pride: Open Trackbacks » | Pride: E85 Update » | Sloth: Today's Health Tip » | Anger: Holy Crap! » | Sloth: Check it out » | Anger: Game Summit » | Anger: Game Show » | Pride: Interesting Idea » | Sloth: Today's Health Tip » 

Sunday, April 02, 2006 

Sloth: Bad Meme!

I am not a fan of this meme. Too many questions overall and too many that are aimed at a “different demographic” (people with a life and are under 30 plus trouble).

Have you ever...
Click here for meme fun!

Taken a picture naked?

Yes, if this means literally “taken”. I’ve only been the subject of a naked picture for the ubiquitous “bearskin rug baby shot”.

Made out with a member of the same sex? No.

Danced in front of your mirror? No.

Told a lie?

Yes, actually I am a major liar. I have been telling the lie that I am a competent game programmer for 20 years.

Gotten in a car with people you just met?

If an ambulance counts as a “car”, wait .. police cruisers are cars..

Been in a fist fight?

Many times and I have the broken nose/jaw/skull to prove it. Not in the last 20 years, at least not that I recall.

Had feelings for someone who didn’t have them back?

Seriously, who could answer “no” to this?

Been arrested?

Yes, a number of times. Most memorable: New Orleans 1985. The last thing I remember was saying “Hand grenade: Bourbon Street’s most powerful drink.. I’ll be the judge of that!” No good can come from such a statement.

Left your house without telling your parents? Every day.

Ditched school to do something more fun? Yes, again who hasn’t?

Slept in a bed with a member of the same sex? Nope

Seen someone die?

No. Had to deal with the aftermath a few times, but never there at the moment of passing.

Kissed a picture? No.

Slept in until 3? Just this morning I slept way past 3AM.

Laid on your back and watched cloud shapes go by? Yes.

Played dress up? No

Fallen asleep at work/school?

Yes many times. This is usually not a problem at game jobs as you generally have a cot in your office for this purpose.

Felt an earthquake?

Yes, LA, 1987 “Whitter Quake”. I was in the shower and it knocked me off my feet. Woke up some time later and started to crawl out of the shower when an aftershock hit. I tore most of the meat off my chest on the shower door rails. I spend the rest of the day naked, wet, in a door jam with a bottle of Jack Daniels vowing to head back to Wisconsin. I should have followed through.

I also drove across the "Bay Bridge" on the first day it was repoened.

Touched a snake? Yes.

Ran a red light?

Depends on whom you ask. I swear that light was Yellow, the officer had a different opinion. Guess who wins? [fricken jack booted thug]

Had detention? I’m sure I did. Must not have had much of an impact on me.

Been in a car accident? Yes. A few, but only one was my fault and that was 1980.

Pole danced? No, but I would like to learn the folk dances of Poland.

Been lost? As all men, nope. Never! .. What?

Sang karaoke?

Yes. While following the Packers my gang stayed at a hotel in San Diego that had karaoke in the “lounge”. A little “lubrication” and we were doing the Beatles, Sam and Dave (very funny since we are all very white) and Rat Pack songs. The wife and I did Sonny and Cher. The evening was very memorable for a number of reasons, but the most memorable was a very (very) drunk local that forced he way onto the stage only to have he bouncer drag her out. Not too uncommon except she was wearing a short skirt and no underwear when the guy literally dragged her out by her ankles.

Done something you told yourself you wouldn’t?

Again, can anyone really answer “no” to this and be honest?

Laughed until something you were drinking came out your nose?

Yes. Let me tell you, bourbon is not nasal cavity friendly.

Kissed in the rain? No.

Sang in the shower? Generally everyday.

Got your tongue stuck to a pole? Never.

Ever gone to school partially naked? Gone, ... no.

Sat on a roof top? Many times. Best way to see Cubs games.

Played chicken? No, everyone already knows that I’m chicken.

Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? Yes.

Been told you’re hot by a complete stranger? Yes, back when I was hot.

Broken a bone? Yes.

Mooned/flashed someone? Yes.

Forgotten someone’s name?

Yes, all the time. While on a business trip, I ran into someone that knew my name and much of my history. He said that we were friends in High School (15 years prior) and was greatly insulted when I had no idea who he was. Once he told me his name, it sounded vaguely familiar. I found him in an old yearbook, but still could not recall him from my High School life.

Blacked out from drinking? Yes.

Played a prank on someone? Yes. Do "capers" count?

Felt like killing someone?

While not a violent man, I have a few individuals that are on “the list” .. Pray that it does not include you [evil laughter]

Made a parent cry? Awww, jeeeese.. who hasn’t?

Cried over someone? Yep, actually a number of someones.

Had sex more than 10 times in a weekend? What is this “sex” you speak of?

Had/Have a dog? No, dogs are annoying.

Been in a band? Yes.

Drank 25 sodas in a day?

I doubt it. May have gotten close. In the early days of my game career, I lived on “Jolt Cola”. I also regularly made coffee with caffeine-fortified water. Now, THAT was a buzz! Yee-Haw!

Shot a gun?

Yes, I was a range manager and instructor in a previous life. I still am a merit badge counselor for marksmanship and a few others.


I refuse to tag anyone with this nasty bit. Die meme Die!

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100