« Home | Pride: Sidebar Quotes » | Envy: Eye Doc » | Sloth: I am officially old » | Lust: Really Interested » | Sloth: Has to be made up... » | Gluttony: Schmaltz » | Anger: Video Game School Ad » | Pride: Blogroll Additions » | Anger: Nagin: Open Mouth/Insert Foot » | Sloth: Today's Non Sequitur » 

Friday, January 20, 2006 

Anger: Noise

I doubt that there is a town of less than 4000 people that generates as much noise as this one. It is always pretty loud, but last night was the worst of the 8 months I have been here.

I had no idea that the local Fire Department has 10,000 trucks and the local Sheriff had just as many squad cars. Each and every one of these vehicles drove past my bedroom windows at about 4:00 AM this morning, twice. I think that a few hundred pulled right up on the lawn under the windows just to blow that infernal “WAMMMMMPPP” sound and then speed off. There is no lawn damage, so I must have imagined it.

Of course, my daughter woke up from the noise and ran into our bedroom. The amazing thing was that we were awake and expecting to hear the “pitter-patter” of little feet running toward out door a bunch of time, but she didn’t come running until near the end of the noise barrage. If the town/county had invested just a little less on noise-makers, she might have slept through it.

Now, those of you that have ever had a 3 year-old know that once they are up, they are UP and ready to play. Dam the torpedoes daddy, TICKLE ME!

I ready for my nap Mr. Deville!

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100