« Home | Envy: 2005 » | Anger: Hinckley » | Pride: Good News for NO » | Lust: Horse Sex » | Envy: Lefty fun » | Pride: 500th post » | Envy: China » | Pride: Bonfire » | Envy: Musings » | Sloth: Beginning of the End? » 

Saturday, December 31, 2005 

Sloth: NFL Week 17

The long and hard season is nearing an end. I find myself both grateful and sad that it is over. I look forward to NFL football, specifically the Packers, all year long and to see it end, even at a Super Bowl, brings some sadness.

Seahawks (13-2) at Packers (3-12) (-5) OU: 39.5

As goofy as that looks, it is right. The Packers are actually FAVORED in this game. It is a hard game to handicap because of its meaninglessness. The Seattle scrubs are still better than the Packer’s current starting lineup. The two wild cards are that Shawn Alexander needs another touchdown for an NFL record and this just might be the last game of Brett Favre’s career.

Alexander will get his TD, even if it is a “gimmie” (see Favre sack for Strahan’s record). Unless the Packer Offense has been hiding something, that TD should be enough to win. I don’t think they have been sandbagging, and I don’t think Brett will retire. So it looks like a Seattle win.

I am taking the Seahawks and the OVER in a Seattle romp. Their scrubs will kick our tails.

Seahawks 38
Packers 14

Brett will get his TD pass. Alexander will get his TD (maybe two).

Fantasy players in this game are hard because the Seahawk front line will be out of the game by at least halftime and Aaron Rodgers will be in for the 4th Quarter.

Let’s go with the kickers and Shawn Alexander, he will get at least 6 points and my go for the 2000 yard season (he needs around 200 yards).

Since it is New Year’s Eve, I am doing bonus picks!

NFC North picks:

Chicago over Minnesota (+4.5) with the OVER (35.5)     

Chicago has too much defense, a QB to get tuned up and every reason to play hard. The Vikings rolled over last week when they still had a Playoff chance. They will “set sail” long before the final gun in this one.

Pittsburgh over Detroit (+13.5) with the OVER (35)

FIRE MILLEN!


And the “Reggie Bush Bowl”:

San Francisco over Houston (-1.5) with the UNDER (37)  

I take the Niners mainly because they NEED their young QB to get his first TD pass and I think that 7 Points will be enough to win against a Texan team that is about to have a massive front office and coaching change and everyone knows it. Besides, a Texan win would be GOOD for the Packer’s draft position and we can have that, can we?

So a total of 8 picks this week. I will also be picking playoff games, maybe my luck will change once I stop picking Packer games.

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100