« Home | Anger: Hinckley » | Pride: Good News for NO » | Lust: Horse Sex » | Envy: Lefty fun » | Pride: 500th post » | Envy: China » | Pride: Bonfire » | Envy: Musings » | Sloth: Beginning of the End? » | Sloth: Amazon.com » 

Saturday, December 31, 2005 

Envy: 2005

2005 was yet another crappy year in a parade of crappy years. This parade has been so long that I can’t remember that last New Year’s that I could honestly say that I had a good year. I know that some people will be bent out of shape at this, but they are also the people understand why I feel as I do.

The Bad:

6 Months with no income whatsoever.
Having to move far from my house before I could sell it.
Still waiting for a sale to happen.
After 6 months of modest income, not being back in financial health.
My health issues, both mental and physical.
My Wife’s health issues, both mental and physical.
Yet another “poor man’s Christmas”.
The death of a dream, or nightmare depending on my mood.
The Packer’s season.

The Good:

My daughter. Everything about her.
Finally escaping the Game Industry, if only partially.
This blog as a place to vent and create.
Did I mention my daughter?
Not spending New Year’s Eve with the ungrateful assholes from last year.

I envy normal people. Normal people have normal years. They have ups to go with the downs. They don’t have consecutive and seemingly unending years of complete crap. If they do, they don’t realize how crappy it is or have enough optimism to delude themselves into thinking that next year will be “their year”.

My daughter makes the good side of the ledger better than it has any right.

2005 can’t end fast enough for me. 2006 has GOT to be better!

(Right? “Please say right”.)

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100