« Home | Greed: French » | Anger: Passwords » | Anger: Discrimination » | Anger: WTF? » | Pride: 20,000 » | Sloth: Meh » | Anger: SCOTUS bashing » | Pride: Porkbusters » | Sloth: Misdirection » | Sloth: NFL Week 8 » 

Friday, November 04, 2005 

Gluttony: G. Garvin

Through the magic of TiVo, I have been exposed to G. Garvin and his great cooking show. There is literally no way I (the whitest of white men) would have ever found his show without the TiVo suggestion function. Hell, I never even heard of the network (TV One) before the TiVo decided that I might like Mr. Garvin.

The show is a lot different from the cooking shows on Food Network. Looking at the recipes you might not think that there would be much of a difference, but there is when "Your boy G. Garvin be holding it down in the kitchen." It’s really refreshing to see a host from a completely foreign (to me at least) culture doing many of the same things that the homogenous hosts on Food Network do. Think the energy of Emeril, the cuisine of Tyler Florence and the attitude of 50 Cent. The hip-hop style and engaging personality of Mr. Garvin makes basic cooking programming all new again.

Food Network could do a lot worse than get this guy into their lineup.

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100