« Home | Gluttony: New Orleans » | Sloth: Packers "weak" 4 » | Sloth: NFL » | Sloth: Week 4 Packer Predictions » | Pride: The newest E85 convert » | Pride: We MUST fight on » | Pride: A new day for Biodiesel » | Pride: New Blogroll Entry » | Pride: WTF! » | Gluttony: Big Sammich » 

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 

Sloth: XBOX 360 musings

I will NOT be running out to buy an XBOX 360. It is an impressive system, but well out of my price range and Uncle Bill doesn't need any more of my money.

It looks like EA will be pulling out the "big guns" for the launch

EA (Nasdaq:ERTS - news), the world's biggest video game publisher, will debut the Xbox 360 games, "Need for Speed Most Wanted," "FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup," "NBA Live 06," "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06" and "Madden NFL 06," at Microsoft's X05 event in Amsterdam on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Reads like a murderer's row of genre killing games. I guess if you are EA or Micro$oft, you don't need anybody else to make a console a success. For the sake of the poor saps that buy the 360, I hope these games are good. If not then whole genres are ruined for the system as there is no real reason to compete with EA, unless you like losing money. Even if Madden is bad, there can be no other NFL game because EA owns the NFL license (or... the NFL is EA's bitch).

Speaking of Madden, I really hate what he has become. He is a parody of himself and needs to take the "Maddencruiser" with the stupid "horse trailer" into retirement.

Bonus Geek Reference: Did you know that "EA" is the hex code for "nop" (no operation) on a 6502 processor? Man I love that joke...

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100