« Home | Lust: Proof » | Sloth: New Danger » | Sloth: Solve Global Warming » | Sloth: NFL » | Pride: Monkey » | Sloth: You always want to know... » | Sloth: Rockstar INXS - Thursday Thoughts » | Sloth: Rockstar INXS, Booting show » | Pride: Who would ... » | Pride: Foamy » 

Saturday, September 10, 2005 

Sloth: Battlestar

Sort of weak this week. It sort of reminded me of one of the lamest of MASH episodes.

I think we get it:

  • Ty is a drunk
  • Starbuck is a sarcastic hothead
  • Pilots can and do crack under pressure
  • The crew has a heart of gold
  • Trauma leads to madness

I guess there needs to be some character building shows, but this one just didn’t do much for me. I need plot advancement and there was precious little of that.

A rare clunker in an otherwise fantastic series, again sort of like MASH.


SPOILER WARNING – TURN Away!


The Cylon/Human baby emergency was an interesting flash along with the teaser at the end that confirmed that it still lives.

The reporter being a Cylon caught me by complete surprise. In retrospect, they telegraphed it with Baltar’s fantasy/Cylon plant pushing him to help her and the sort of evil look when the original tape of the Cylon/Human baby emergency was drawn from her blouse. I guess we will be seeing more of Lucy Lawless, which could be a good thing.

I have to admit, seeing Ty deal with his attacker was the high point of the show this week. It is nice to see something from that character other than incompetence and drunkenness.

I did like the way that media was presented (sick anti-everything bastards, just like real life) and the line “I am sick of you questioning my patriotism” was a laugh line in a serious moment (at least for me).

Technorati Tag

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100