« Home | Anger: Sen. Landrieu » | Envy: Open Season » | Sloth: Packers take another hit » | Greed: Another Comment Spam Victim » | Anger: Packers "Weak" 1 » | Anger: 911 » | Pride: E85 Weekly update » | Greed: Packers Week 1 Prediction » | Sloth: Battlestar » | Lust: Proof » 

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 

Gluttony: Dan and Steve

I admit it, I am a reality show loser. I never really got into the mainstream shows like “survivor”, but show me a kooky, off-beat reality show and I am hooked... see Rockstar:INXS.

Now add cooking to the reality show format and you got me, in fact you had me at cooking. The show that I am talking about is "The Next Food Network Star". The winner of the show was promised a series on Food Network. It could have been great or really lame, based on the contestants. I guess you could say that about every reality series. Lucky for me, the contestants were well chosen and interesting. This show was the exact opposite of every old "The Real World" which is populated by uninteresting, slackjawed goobers. I watched EVERY EPISODE; I thought about it all the time and couldn't wait for next week's show.

The winners were a team, Dan and Steve. During the reality show, it was clear that they would be hard to beat. They came in practiced and pretty well polished with only a slight twinge of gayness, mostly because they are really gay. I mean, really gay as in real-world gay couples, not TV/stereotype gay couples. I am actually looking forward to seeing their show even if they we not my favorite of the show. It will be interesting to see how someone that came in slightly above the average amateur.

The only problem? They called their show “Soup 2 Nuts” during “The Next Food Network Star”, which I liked. It was cute and, like them, an appropriate level of “gay”. Now the real show is called “Party Line”, which to me is just not gay enough. I am sure I will get over it..

Good luck Dan and Steve!

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100