« Home | Lust: Rachael Ray » | Pride: Cooking » | Sloth: TV Themes » | Anger: Rachel Corrie » | Lust: Protest Babes » | Envy: Jeff Goldstien » | Pride: Wil Wheaton » | Envy: Ward Churchill » | Sloth: TV » | Lust: Dusty » 

Saturday, March 19, 2005 

Anger: Terri Schiavo

I don't know all the facts about the case, but that doesn't stop Filet-o-Fish for posting about anything so it will not stop me...

Ace makes very compelling points about the merits of the case for saving Terri. I am Pro-Life for all humans, pre and post birth and Ms. Schiavo certainly seems to be very much alive in the video tapes that are shown on TV News. The husband's motives are fair game, but do not persuade me as much as the doctors that are uniformly aghast over the lack of treatments and lack of tests to make a determination if she is indeed in a vegetative state.

All this leads me to lean in favor of granting guardianship to her parents.

The biggest argument for me is that she needs only a feeding tube, not a heart/lung machine or any other invasive support to keep living. The cause of death will be starvation, not heart failure or any other serious malfunction.

Watching someone die because she was simply denied food and water is beyond my imagination in horror.

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100