« Home | Greed: Its a Good Start » | Anger: EMail » | Anger: News Flash! » | Sloth: Coffee » | Sloth: Teh Funny » | Anger: A Pox on Both » | Sloth: Meme » | Gluttony: Food Blogging » | Anger: Tax Day » | Anger: Bombs » 

Thursday, April 20, 2006 

Sloth: Celebrity Cooking Showdown

OK, I admit it, I LOVE “Celebrity Cooking Showdown”!

Despite the fact that I have never heard of most of the “celebrities” and the campy nature of having all the flashing lights, hockey goal sirens and cheering crowds, it is an interesting and fun show. Sort of Iron Chef America meets the WWE (WWF for us old fogies).

The list of “celebrities” is sub-“D-List”. You know you have trouble when the chefs have way more TVQ than the contestants. Hell, Alan Thicke hasn’t been on TV for 20 years and still has way more name recognition than these D-Listers.

BTW: WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO Cat Cora? On Iron Chef America she is OK, but for this show she has become a “Super Hottie”, still a bit short for my taste, but [wolf whistle] is she FINE.

In each of the three shows, I have found a “celebrity” that I could root for and one that I could actively root against. Only one of my favorites will be in tonight’s final round, so I am not very good at picking ‘em. My wife even loves to watch because he absolutely HATES the hat wearing, hyper critical, mean spirited judge/beeyach.

I have never seen the other shows in the “BLANK with Celebrities” genre, but because of my cooking hobby this one grabbed me. It does seem that more thought went into this iteration than in the dreadful sounding “Dancing” and “Skating” versions.

If you get the chance, TiVo tonight’s show. Its fun, in a mass-market over the top American way.

SUPER SECRET MESSAGE to Wombat: Giada De Laurentiis? Feh! CAT CORA is the new “Hot Food Babe”!

Update: Hammmana hammina hammina, woo woo!

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100