« Home | Sloth: Discuss » | Greed: Bonfire » | Sloth: Dam Dirty Commie Apes » | Pride: Video Game Bill » | Sloth: Coffee » | Pride: Search » | Sloth: NFL Weak 15 » | Gluttony: Duuuuude » | Anger: Men » | Sloth: Todays Productivity Tool » 

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 

Anger: Reprehensible

In the reprehensible site that was mentioned in the comments (I will never link them, EVER) Someone with the handle of “HilaryDuffGta” (a regular commenter at the very fine and interesting Game Politics.com) mentions the lawyer-that-shall-not-be-named which reminds me that there are really two types of pro-censorship people.

I call the first “The Zealots”. Like the lawyer-that-shall-not-be-named and, it seems the owners of the reprehensible site mentioned above. They are of the misguided belief, perhaps driven by fundamentalist religious rhetoric, that kids are really buying these games and turning into killers and rapists. Their zealotry blinds them from any argument or reason. It is not worth the electrons to discuss anything with these people, so I don’t bother other than to scorn them or make fun of them.

The second group I call “The Opportunists”. All 3 senators here fall into this group. All think that are going to be the next President of The United States and are grasping at anything that will give them some support among the mouth-breathing “RedState” people. These are the ones that need to be taught a lesson. The only care about racking up votes from the dimwitted among The Zealots and their thrall in order to gain the power they crave. They care about my daughter about as much as they care about my lawn, at least until she is old enough to vote.

Remember the Democrats are the defenders of “Civil Liberties”. Only the kind of liberties that will get then elected, I guess. These people are a waste of carbon atoms.

Before you write and call me a tool of the right wing, please have a look around the blog. I am to the right of center, but I am no friend to the Republicans either (Like my pet Anonymous troll-like being – just kidding [kiss]). Besides, the people that would accuse me of that sort of thing are really screwed up in the head on this issue. I am explicitly calling out the Fundies here, not something that a “Rethuglican Tool” would do.  

This brings me to a point that I have not seen made before. These Presidential hopefuls have been chasing the youth vote for a number of election cycles, how does this help them with 18-25 year-olds? How does it help them with the IPod people? I seriously hope that the game demographic either votes against them or stays at home on Election Day. I will be doing what little I can to get this issue to be hot for the 2006 and 2008.

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100