« Home | Sloth: Non Sequitur 'o the day » | Pride: Packer Emails » | Anger: Wild speculation » | Sloth: Brett Favre » | Lust: New Beer » | Greed: Someone sure loves 'em » | Pride: E85 Report/Ford Report » | Sloth: Packers WEEK 5 » | Sloth: NFL Unis » | Sloth: Week 5 Packer Prediction » 

Monday, October 10, 2005 

Anger: Miers

I have been silent on the Meiers nomination, until now.

The right side of the blogsphere seems to be exploding over this issue.

Here are some posts to illustrate:

Instapundit
Slublog
protein wisdom
Ace of Spades HQ
Just one from Confederate Yankee (go the main page and keep scrolling)
Cox & Forkum
Right Wind News

Dave from Garfield Ridge takes a swipe based on her appearance.

Well, I have to call bullshit on my wingnut brethren.

What happened to intellectual honesty?

Just a short time ago didn’t we all argue that Judge Chief Justice Roberts should be confirmed without respect to any ideology concerns? Now we are saying that she should withdraw or be voted down because she may not be conservative enough? Oh please.

Am I happy? Not really. There are a number of people I think are far and away better people for the job. Judge Janice Rogers Brown springs to mind. Am I calling for Ms. Miers to step down or calling my Senators to urge them to vote her down? No. And lets be honest, she will be confirmed with numbers similar to Chief Justice Roberts. You think that any Republican Senator will risk giving a challenger a talking point? No, I didn’t think so.

The Right has the position of being intellectually superior because of the Left’s penchant for cognitive dissidence. Do we really want to cede this position?

UPDATE: John at Wuzzadem has similar thoughts, except... you know... funny... unlike me... who's not funny ... [crickets]

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100