« Home | Greed: Bankrupt Senate » | Gluttony: Oh my... » | Anger: I hate my car » | Introducing the 7 Deadly Sins » 

Saturday, March 12, 2005 

Pride: Dan Rather

A Self-serving and slobbering tribute to Mr. Rather on the CBS News site.

If I were running that circus, I would be putting as much distance between me and Dan as I could, but pride gets in the way of good business.

Based on this piece of biased reporting, I would say that CBS is still on the downward spiral. The facts get in way of the reporter's story, so after reporting the wonderful success that is Chile's private account system, the reporter feels the need to throw some cold water on the success. Lucky for us, this reporter is so dumb that a few red herrings are used to make the point.

But critics say it's a system with serious flaws.

Asked what he thinks of AFP, a tomato salesman says in Spanish, "It's something that's not worth the trouble."

Many of Chile's poorest workers, like this tomato farmer, say they can't afford to put away 10 percent of their pay.
But he COULD afford to pay the 10% in payroll taxes for a bankrupt system....
Nearly half of Chile's workforce is self-employed and many are seasonal workers who rarely declare income, pay taxes or contribute to their pensions. These people have little to retire on, other than the government's guaranteed payment of $150 a month.
People that would never pay into a Social Security system are used to point out that the private account system is flawed, nice...

CBS can't go away fast enough...

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100