« Home | Pride: Taking Crap » | Anger: Idiot » | Sloth: Posting » | Anger: Feh! » | Sloth: Speak Truth » | Envy: Ludes anyone? » | Sloth: Goodbye Mike » | Pride: It works in Brazil » | Sloth: Week 17 weirdness » | Sloth: NFL Week 17 » 

Friday, January 06, 2006 

Anger: Classmates.com

I f'in HATE Classmates.com. HATE HATE HATE!

I was a sucker for some banner ad, and I am ashamed of it. Its even worse because I f’in HATED everything about High School (except football) and can count on one hand the people I would even tolerate hearing from again after all these years.

But like a good moron, I went ahead and clicked on the banner ad. What’s worse is I actually thought it was a good idea to sign up for the “free” account and look through the listings to see if there was anyone I knew. It was interesting and fun for about 10 seconds and I surfed on.

I didn’t realize my major mistake until the next day when there was Classmates.com spam in my mailbox. I deleted it and thought nothing of it. That was 5,000,000,000,000 spam emails ago. I get a constant barrage of email spam from them that proclaims stuff like "5 people looked at your profile this week" and "some dude you vaguely remember send you an email". In moments of weakness I click through only to find that I can’t see these 5 people or read the email from “some dude” without sending Classmates.com some large amount of my hard earned cash.

I hate that I still click through and that I can’t bring myself to close that “free” account because some hot babe might find me and let me have my way after all these years.

Mostly I hate it that marketing works.

Bastards!

Linked to: Third World County and Bloggin' Outloud.

| | Trackback URI

Blog Info

Praise for The 7 Deadly Sins


"I have to admit that you do sloth like nobody's business."
- tee bee
"omg...you're even nerdier than my bf. That's hawt."
- trouble
"Not everybody remembers the glow of green text on black monitor with fondness"
- cathyf
"That's just crazy talk"
- tee bee
"Holy crap! Where's the ACLU pukes this time?"
- justanothermngirl
"Quick, edit these before anyone sees them!"
- Chris
"See? Getting old isn't all bad."
- David
"THIS IS GOOD, SPREAD THE WORD."
- RICHARD
"Best wishes to my Blog Brother."
- Retired Geezer
"Congratulations to one sinner from another."
- basil
"I just sic them on punks like that like a couple of pitbulls."
- digitalbrownshirt
"I hate to say anything negative about someone I've never met (OK, that's a lie), but that guy is a $#@*& idiot."
- John from WuzzaDem

Video Game Voters Network

My Blogfather

Feed The Sins



Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Open Trackback Alliance

Open Trackback Alliance


101st Fighting
Keyboarders



Powered by Blogger and Blogger Templates
Listed on BlogShares



Top100 Bloggers
Top 100